Saturday 25 June 2011

Brown Tree Leaves!

Brown Tree Leaves! by JRT Pickle
Brown Tree Leaves!, a photo by JRT Pickle on Flickr.

I have not been able to get out and do land art just recently, so I thought I would add some land art that has not been posted on here.

I made this in spring 2010. You can still find winter leaves on the ground in the woods even in summer. I used beech leaves and grass reeds to tie them around the trunk of the tree. It makes quite an effective sculpture. I think you should try and find some attractive leaves and make a pretty pattern on a tree trunk. Be patient though, it isn't as easy at it looks!

Posted by Julia (jrtpickle)


2 comments:

  1. Loving all the sculptures! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, I am glad you like them, natural art is great isn't it! :)

    Posted by Julia.

    ReplyDelete